North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria Job Vacancy for a STTA Social Media Campaign Specialist
NERI Nigeria – A Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the following position:
STTA Social Media Campaign Specialist
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Abuja, Borno
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
Location of Position: Abuja (and Maiduguri), Nigeria
Duration: 8 Months
Position Start Date: Immediately
NERI seeks a Social Media Campaigns Specialist to support selected Fellows to establish vibrant social media presence and carry out not less than two (2) group or individual social media campaign efforts. The Social Media Campaign Specialist will have the responsibility for providing guidance on issues, topics, campaign schedule, methodology, advisories and overall management of individual and group campaigns of fellows across North East Intellectual Entrepreneurial Fellowship (NEIEF) program thematic focus.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Program Development Officer in Abuja.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate activities of Fellows and NEIEF program activities through multiple social media platforms and channels to reach diverse audiences.
- Support Fellows with development of individual and group social media campaigns.
- Help manage online presence through social media efforts; including the preparation of a monthly social media follower and engagement dashboard for each fellow.
- Collaborate with NERI reporting team, providing additional narrative concepts and creative input towards development of success stories, reporting and related projects, as reasonably requested.
- Monthly social media reports on activities of NEIEF fellows.
- Create a Social Media Strategy for the NEIEF program i.e. identifying audience, selection of appropriate social media platforms based on NEIEF goals.
- Define appropriate metrics for data collection; content management guidelines and adoption of a follower policy to maintain security and privacy of all communications.
- A degree in communications, mass communications or related fields with proven work experience and presence in major social networks will give an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience up and managing youth social networks in post-conflict settings.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Demonstrable experience in actual execution of social media activities including evidence of personal Blogs/tweets, and management of third party social media platforms.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Excellent communications skills and time management abilities.
- Fluency in English required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND
- A cover letter
To following e-mail address: email@example.com
Please reference the job title and location on the cover letter and resume /CV.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 14 March, 2017