Norwegian Refugee Council Job Recruitment for WASH Technical Assistants
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Technical Assistant
Location: Damasak, Borno
The WaSH Assistant reports to the WaSH Officer.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- To assist WASH TECHNICAL officer in coordination of the WASH TECHNICAL activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans
- To assist the WASH TECHNICAL officer in all aspects of WASH Technical programs planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Provides technical assistance to the WASH TECHNICAL officer and local counterparts on issues of water and sanitation information and communication strategies
- Assists in the establishment, and training of water point committees as well as monitoring their performance
- Assists in the compilation of weekly and monthly WASH Technical reports, program documents, project proposals, and budgets
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities
- Assist WASH TECHNICAL officer in Breaking down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans
- To assist in ensuring that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures
- To assist in the identification of community water and sanitation needs
- To develop technical specifications and bills of quantities (BOQ) for works
- To assess the water and sanitation training needs of the community and assists in the development of appropriate training materials and plans
- Conducts water quality testing and sanitary inspection at water points
- Monitoring NFI distribution within the communities
- Assist in site planning activities for Water and sanitation activities implementation
- Supervise and contribute to the success of WASH TECHNICAL activities implementation
- Performs any other duties as requested by WASH TECHNICAL officer
- Minimum 1 year of experience of project implementation in humanitarian/recovery contexts;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal;
- Fluency in Kanuri would be an added advantage
- Degree in Civil Engineering or any related field
- Knowledge on Microsoft office excel, word, power point e.t.c
- Knowledge of design Softwares e.g Autocad
- Commencement: ASAP
- Contract period: Until December 2017 with possibility of extension
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
- Duty station: Damasak, Borno State
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application letter and updated CV’s to: email@example.com
The title of the position (WASH Technical Assistant – Damasak) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any application received after the deadline will not be considered).
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position
Application Deadline 2nd August, 2017.