Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Distribution Substation Operator
- Regulates flow of electricity through substation of electric power system and over distribution lines to consumers
- Inspecting, operating and maintaining substations and distribution apparatus consistent with safety regulation.
- Observe switchboard instruments to detect indications of line disturbances, such as grounded, shorted, or open circuit.
- Maintains daily operating log on all operations, both routine and emergency, and reports on line outages and weather conditions. Records hourly readings of indicating and integrating meters, and changes, marks and checks charts of recording instruments.
- Switches and maintains substation equipment for proper operation.
- Prepares the equipment for operation and starts, stops and controls the units, adjusting the load and voltage and accessory regulating equipment as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
Highest Educational Qualification:
- OND – Electrical Engineering
Years of Experience:
- 0-3 years Work Experience
- Technical knowledge of power distribution networ
- Technical knowledge in Switchgear Operation.
- Computer literacy
- Safety and basic standard protection
- Good Communication skill
- Problem Solving
- Essential Computer (MS Office Applications)
- Understanding of Electrical Distribution Regulations and System.
Job Title: Lines Worker
- Prompt tracing and rectification of faults and maintenance of overhead distribution lines to ensure minimal obstruction to free flow of power supply to the end users.
- To construct, maintain and repair overhead line system of 33kV, 11kV & 0.415kV on steel tubular, concrete, lattice girder or wooden pole supports.
- Set out pole/line support positions in accordance with predetermined routes and plan profile drawings.
- Prepare and complete foundation for pole/line supports and stays
- Erect pole/overhead line support.
- Maintain and service overhead line system of 33kV, 11kV and 0.415kV.
- Climb pole/line supports using ladders, safety belt or other aids.
- Use safety equipment protective devices and work in compliance with requirements of safety code of practice and laid down safety procedures.
- Install Line Isolator, D-Fuse, Lightning Arrester and other related line equipment.
- Assists in the setting of poles during installation or replacement of bad ones, digging of holes for poles and guys.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Technical Certificate in Electrical Installations & Maintenance or its equivalents (i.e. NABTEB, London City & Guilds, Diploma Certificates) or Ordinary level certificate
- 0-5 years experience, Technical Certificate in Electrical Installations & Maintenance or its equivalents (i.e. NABTEB, London City & Guilds) Requires journeyman level experience installing and maintaining overhead/underground power lines, requires valid driver’s license, First aid certification, Competency in CPR and pole top rescue, Other combinations of education/experience may be considered.
- Enjoys practical, field work
- Ability to work comfortably at high altitude on poles
- Possess good hand-eye coordination
- Safety conscious and Operational Risk Assessment Ability
Application Deadline 12th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply