OOU 1st Batch 2016/2017 Admission List portal.oouagoiwoye.edu.ng
This is to inform candidates who participated in the admission screening exercise of the Olabisi Onabanjo University OOU 2016/2017 session that the 1st batch of admission list has been released.
How To Check The List
-Enter your JAMB Reg Number and Password in the spaces provided.
-Click on “Login” and proceed to view your admission status.
Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU)
Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, is a state-owned and -operated university in Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State Nigeria. The University was founded July 7, 1982 as Ogun State University and was renamed Olabisi Onabanjo University on May 29, 2001 in honour of a great citizen of the state, Chief (Dr.) Olabisi Onabanjo, whose efforts as the then civilian governor of Ogun State gave birth to the University. The University, since its inception in 1982, has had a total output of 10,291 graduates and 1,697 postgraduates.
The university is operated on a multiple-campus basis. The Main Campus in Ago-Iwoye is popularly called Permanent Site (PS) by the students and a Mini Campus which is home to the Science Department. Agriculture is in Aiyetoro, Engineering is in Ibogun, Medicine is in Shagamu, Mass Communication in Ijebu-Igbo and Pharmacy and Biochemistry in Ikenne.
The university is undergoing some reforms and restructuring. Some alumni have started doing responsible things for the school, e.g., there is now an e-library, new accounting department block, new law library, law clinic, a moot court, a senate building (under construction).
The university is privileged to have the best law, medicine, sciences and other degree programmes in Nigeria. The governor of the state is doing his best to develop OOU to an international standard. Students and alumni of the Olabisi Onabanjo University are addressed as ‘Great OSUITES.’ This term usually gives a feeling of belonging to both the addresser and addressee.
The institution has had four vice chancellors since inception: late Prof. John Olubi Sodipo, November 1982–December 1990; Prof. T. O. Bamkole, January 1991–March 1995; Prof. O Y. Oyeneye, April 1995–November 1999; Prof. Layi Ogunkoya, November 1999–March 2001; and Prof. Afolabi Soyode, April 2001. The acting vice chancellor is Prof. Sofola Olusoga.
The current Vice-Chancellor of Olabisi Onabanjo University Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State is Professor Saburi Adejimi Adesanya (as of today) The university has seven departments and three colleges. The university has greatly contributed in the development of the primary local government of Ago-Iwoye.
1. College of Agricultural Sciences
- Agricultural Economics and Farm Management
- Agricultural Extension & Rural Sociology
- Home and Hotel Management
- Crop Production
- Animal Production
2. Obafemi Awolowo College of Health
- Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
– Chemical Pathology
– Morbid Anatomy & Histopathology
– Heamatology & Blood Transfusion
– Medical Microbiology & Parasitology
- Faculty of Clinical Sciences
– Community Medicine & Primary Health Care
– Obsterics & Gynaecology
– Orthopedics & Traumatology
- Faculty of Pharmacy
– Pharmaceutics & Pharmaceutical Technology
– Clinical Pharmacy & Biopharmacy
– Pharmaceutical & Medicinal Chemistry
3. Faculty of Arts
- English & Performing Arts
- History & Diplomatic Studies
- Nigerian & Foreign Languages
- Religious Studies
4. Faculty of Science
- Plant & Applied Zoology
- Chemical Sciences
- Industrial Chemistry
- Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Computer Science
- Geography & Regional Planning
5. Faculty of Social and Management Sciences
- Accounting, Banking & Finance
- Business Administration
- Geography & Regional Planning
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
- Sociology & Psychology
6. Faculty of Education
- Educational Foundation & Management
- Curriculum Studies & Instructional Technology
- Sports Science & Health Education
- Institute of Education
7. Faculty of Law
- Private Law
- International Jurisprudence
- Commercial Law
- Public Law
8. Faculty of Engineering and Environmental Sciences
- Agricultural & Mechanical Engineering
- Computer & Electrical Engineering
- Design & Architecture