Shanghai University New International Student Scholarship 2017/2018 (How to Apply)
This scholarship, provided by Shanghai government for international students studying in Shanghai, is in two types: A, B. Type A, exclusively for those who study for Master’s or Doctoral degrees, is full scholarship, including tuition, free accommodation,accident insurance, allowance for living; Type B, only for those who study fordegrees, is partial scholarship, only including tuition accident insurance.
Application Deadline: 15th April, 2017 (fall intake only)
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): China
- Bachelor’s degree programs
- Master’s degree programs (except MBA and MTCSOL*)
Note: MBA is short for Master of Business Administration;
MTCSOL refers to Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages.
- Doctoral degree programs
- Be a non-Chinese citizen in good health.
- Not be an enrolled degree student in Chinese universities at the time of application.
- Be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
- Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs.
- Be excellent in academic and extra-curricular performance and yet not be rewarded any other scholarships offered by Chinese government.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarships:
Type A: Full Scholarship:
- a waiver of tuition fee
- free on-campus dormitory accommodation
- Stipend: Bachelor: RMB 1100/ month; Master: RMB 1700/ month; PhD: RMB 2100/ month
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.
Type B: Partial Scholarship:
(1) a waiver of tuition fee
(2) Free on-campus dormitory accommodation
(3) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China
Duration of Scholarship:
(1) Bachelor’s Degree Program: 4 to 5 years
(2) Master’s degree programs: 2 to 3 years
(3) Doctoral degree programs: 3 to 4 years
How to Apply:
Step 1: Complete the online application procedure at SGS Online Application System (http://www.study-shanghai.org)
Step 2: Complete the online application procedure at Shanghai University online application (www.apply.shu.edu.cn).
Step 3: Complete the online payment for the non-refundable application fee RMB 500.
It is important to visit the Scholarship Webpage and go through the application procedures before applying.
Award Provider: Shanghai government, Shanghai University