Siemens Nigeria Job Recruitment for a Country Business Unit Lead
Siemens is an Integrated Technology Company. The business activities of our Energy, Health care, Industry and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors have enabled us to capture leading market and technology positions worldwide. Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Business Unit Lead (Digital Factory)
Req ID: 267926
Mission/Function of the Role
- The Digital Factory Customer Services (DF CS) Business Unit Head is responsible for the development and maximization of the Digital Factory (DF) and Process Industries and Drives (PD) after-sales service business in Nigeria.
- He/ She implements strategic business activities, decisions and guidelines and ensures development and implementation of the regional strategy for the DF Customer Services business unit in Nigeria.
- He/ She represents Siemens in all strategic DF CS Ssales and Service activities and acts as an interface between key customers and the Siemens organization.
What are the responsibilities of the Role?
- Analyzes specific market conditions and builds a sound market related network of stakeholders.
- Provides information via Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools for forecasts and planning.
- Spots opportunities for local product and service portfolio solutions.
- Completes sales and revenue related key reporting.
- Contributes to the development of After-Market business in the region.
- May act as a point of contact to customers in commercial matters and influences collaboration within the organization to secure customer support.
- Prepares customer contact, builds and maintains a customer focused network.
- Prepares / coordinates and negotiates proposals in cooperation with proposal mgmt / other involved professionals and management.
- Coordinates the realization of assignments, may coordinate and contribute to set up respective product developments, projects or services programs.
- Oversees the delivery of professional and efficient faultfinding, repair and commissioning services to Digital Factory customers throughout Nigeria.
- Ensures after sales services provided leads to reduced breakdown times and lowers customer costs
- Takes full responsibility for Environmental and H&S requirements for site personnel and ensures adequate ensure control measures in the field.
- Ensures efficient delivery of after-sales requirements to customers in key industries (esp. Cement, FMCG, O&G, etc.)
- Oversees and coordinates service Sales, site activities and planning to ensure adequate service for customer installed bas
- Formulate, influence and implement strategies to monopolize relevant markets
- Analyses the T&D market to develop requisite business targets and strategy that address identified opportunities, issues, needs, processes and business drivers
- Derive strategic direction for the business and set suitable goals to achieve this strategy
- Participation in the identification of market potential and definition of innovative strategies
- Adaptation of business process (short/medium/long-term) in line with the strategic goals of the Business unit.
- Keep up to date with local and global market trends, customer needs and future requirements, etc.
- Ensure that a detailed and sustainable sales strategy exists and is implemented into the business unit
- Plans sales volumes and potentials of all customers in the assigned region.
- Financial responsibility for ongoing comparison of objectives and their achievement, consistent use of steering actions to achieve the targets of respective cost center(s).
- Generation of budget targets based on market data, company infrastructure and business development in order to define and control measures.
- Responsible for strategic business planning and setting of appropriate budgets
- Accountable for profit and loss within the business unit
- Maintains forecast integrity and prepares management reports
- Responsible for all people management activities, inclusive of mentoring, development and performance management with the aim of creating successful leaders within the Energy Management organization
- Selection, management, assessment and development of employees in the area of responsibility to ensure long-term target achievement with motivated staff.
- Responsible to ensure that the business unit is properly resourced with the right skills to fulfill business requirements
- Overall responsibility for ensuring effective Project Management, EHS and QM practices for all projects
- Assess and review status of projects with ultimate responsibility for project success
- In particular responsible for due diligence in all business contracts in order to safeguard financial success and adherence to correct procedures.
- Compliance with Business Conduct Guidelines, circulars and policies
- Implementation of specific benchmarking to initiate continuous improvement.
- Identification and defining of risk mitigation strategies by assessing current issues and potential risks and assist in implementing preventative/corrective measures
- Overall responsibility for compliance with statutory regulations within the DF CS business uni
What do I need to Qualify?
- Bachelors degree in Electrical/ Electronics/ Instrumentation Engineering related course.
- Masters in Engineering/ Business/ Finance an advantage
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to speak and read German/ French an added advantage
- Analytical, creative, outside-the-box thinker with excellent presentation and writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills and intercultural sensitivity
- Work experience in the Cement or FMCG industries preferred
- Minimum of 15 years related work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite… PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply