Society of Petroleum Engineers Job Opportunity for an External Auditor
The SPE Nigeria also called Nigeria Council is an affiliate of SPE international is currently represented worldwide by 207 sections Ond 368 student chapters with total membership of 168,125 comprising 95,175 professional members in 144 countries and 68,950 student members in 130 countries. The Nigerian affiliate comprises 5 sections located in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Warri, Benin and Abuja and 31 student chapters with the Nigeria Council providing the frame work for the Nigerian Sections and Chapters to pursue annual programmes of common interest.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified audit firms to express interest to provide external audit services to the Nigeria Council of the Society of Petroleum Engineers and her five (5) sections located in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Warri, Benin and Abuja. Hence applications are invited for the position below:
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Abuja, Delta, Edo, Lagos, Rivers
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Locations: Lagos, Port Harcourt, Warri, Benin and Abuja
Scope of the Assignment/Timeline/Duration of Engagement
- The audit will be conducted in accordance with all applicable audit, accounting and financial reporting standards.
- The audit for the financial year 2016 – 2107 ending on 31st March 2017 will involve visits to the five sections in locations as stated above.
- It shall commence effectively by the first week of April 2017.
- A draft report in electronic and hard copy shall be ready for review at the April 2017 Council Meeting.
- Four (4) copies of the Final Report for the Nigeria Council and for each of the Sections in hard copies and an electronic version shall be submitted to the Council Secretariat within ten (10) days of receipt of the sections’ board and Council Treasurer’s comments.
- The auditor shall also be expected to present the Council’s final report at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
The auditor will issue his opinion on the Financial Statements as wells as issue a “management letter” separately for each section and for the Nigeria Council.
- The Lead Consultant should be an internationally qualified auditor CPA, ACCA, ICAN or its equivalent) with experience in donor accounting and financial management and should have a minimum of five years experience in the field with experience in statutory and association programmes auditing.
- Company profile and key personnel including their professional qualifications.
- Evidence of registration with CAC in Nigeria.
- Evidence of recent tax clearance certificate,
- A practice license issued by Registered Chartered Accountancy body: CPA, ACCA, ICAN or equivalent
- Availability to commence work
- Expected Audit Fee based on scale of fees Issued by lCAN or its equivalent
- A list of verifiable similar work done with dates and places within the last three years. (include contract details)
Terms of Engagement
The contract for service will be subject to renewal annually at the Council’s AGM and for not more than three years from the date of engagement.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified audit firms should send (via email ONLY) their expression of interest (Technical/Pre-qualification Requirements), and Commercial Proposals in separate and password secured zipped folder with company names clearly indicated: (CoyName-Technical and CoyName-Commercial) to:
The Executive Secretary,
House4, Road 21,
Trans Amadi Gardens,
Application Deadline: 28 November, 2016