Stanbic IBTC Bank Job Opportunity for a Sector Head
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Sector Head, Diversified Industries
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 10 – 15 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Banking
Job ID: 21471
Location: Lagos Island
Job Sector: Banking
- Transnational Products & Services; This team is constantly working to extend our service capability and product range, consolidating our operations in established markets while expanding and extending in emerging markets.
- We divide our core capabilities into three product groups – Investor Services, Transnational Banking and International Trade Services.
- To develop, execute and manage the sales segment strategy for selling working capital solutions to a portfolio of clients.
- To manage the sales team executing this strategy
- Ensure financial targets are met for the segment
- Responsible for the development of financial operating plans, implementation of projects within budgets, annual revenue targets and on time product launches
- Influence behavior to ensure a balanced revenue/product mix and cost disciplines
- Build strategic focus around market share growth, scalability of the business and market profile within the segment.
- Development of short term and long term sales and product plans, focusing on customers, competition, profitability, product life cycle and service consideration, in addition to organizing sales programs for growth and product penetration
- Contribute and support the launching of new initiatives, products, developing enhancements, new product concepts and preparing business requirements, either independently or jointly with Group
- Quantify and provide information to country & group management by analysing the impact and economic consequences of market trends, changing customer requirements and competitor offerings for the dual purpose of performance management and strategy development. Implement actions as required
- Provide leadership and support to the regional sales team on new products and/or channels, including major enhancements
- Understand the sales segment in terms of size, share, structure, potential, buyer behaviours and competitor analysis within the region and country, for the relevant product sets. Lead and support market research as required
- Organize and carry out competitor bench marking exercise to help shape the bank’s sales, marketing, product, pricing and service strategies.
- Take the lead by framing the TPS strategic context and department priorities and inspiring people to take action
- Manage staff to ensure that targets, work and quality standards are set, achieved and maintained
- Track and manage the performance contribution of staff
- Identify strengths and development areas and ensuring that support staff receives the requisite learning and skills development interventions
- Perform a strong coaching role and providing support to direct reports
- Champion talent management in the department by creating and implementing a platform for growth, mentoring and development
- Responsible for attracting and retaining the best talent
- Implement succession strategy and develop future leaders.
- Promote diversity and local talent.
- Implement sales performance and effectiveness model comprising of sales methodology and process
- Plan, input, maintain and communicate a strategic view of Transaction Products and services
- Coordinate and assume responsibility for compiling and communicating to all stakeholders, on a regular basis, information relevant to the business covering Transactions Products and Services
- Networking with other regions and Group
- Represent TPS and provide leadership as Sales Segment Head
- No failed audits and full cooperation with internal/external auditors
Brand and Culture:
- Lead and coordinate customer surveys (internal and external); assist with submissions for awards, etc.
- Represent Stanbic/Standard bank at thought leadership forums and industry events
- Promote the Stanbic/Standard Bank brand.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A good University Degree (Minimum of Second Class Lower – 2.2).
- 10 – 15 Years sales/sales management experience. Related university Degree
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking operations/SWIFT etc.
- Expert knowledge of trade, supply chain and cash management products available globally, their features and applications
- In-depth knowledge of the local market, customers and competitors.
- Understands and translates the broader Banks’s business strategy into clear plans of action that are aligned with the BU’s objectives ; articulates and implements strategic objectives; provides meaningful input into the strategy/objectives of the business unit; ensures that all client solutions are aligned with and support business objectives
- Identifies business opportunities/gaps; draws on and integrates information from a range of relevant sources and stakeholders to realize integrated solutions; forward thinking;
- Inspires, influences and guides others to help them achieve desired results/organisational objectives while keeping the organisation vision and values at the forefront; builds credibility in self and the team; stimulates high performance.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence, build and /or initiate effective relationships with others (colleagues, stakeholders and customers); builds and maintain credibility with others
- Takes multiple simultaneous tasks/projects/initiatives through to completion within or before defined timelines; reflects the ability to plan, organise and control; effective continuous communication of project status to identified stakeholders
- Participates as a member of a team and uses a flexible interpersonal style to contribute to the effective functioning of teams and to the completion of team goals.
- Identifies, attracts and retains the right mix of skills; focuses on guiding and developing others in perusing and achieving work related objectives; succession planning in line with strategic objectives
- Communicates effectively in a verbal, non-verbal and written manner; confident and comfortable communicating with a wide range of cultures, audiences and organizational groups and management levels.
- Articulates a good understanding of the mechanisms and processes behind an end-to end business and displays strong insight into the processes and resources, and financial management required to sustain a business; anticipates business and customer trends and stays up to date with these.
- Plains and manages the Bank’s financial resources in line with sound financial principles
- Effectively meets customer needs; understands and exceeds customer expectations and requirements using available resources, policies and opportunities; recognises and acknowledges diverse customer needs by adapting responses to context and customer
- Identifies and manages risk within an area of influence; uses and/or develops and implements risk measurement and risk management systems, processes and policies within the business
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Stanbic IBTC career website on careers.peopleclick.eu.com to apply.
Application Deadline: 7 March, 2017