Tai Solarin University Part-Time Degree Admission Application 2017/2018
Tai Solarin University of Education, TASUED part-time degree programmes supplementary admission application forms for the 2017/2018 are now on sale.
The management of the Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED) Centre for Part-time and External Programmes (CEPEP) is inviting qualified candidates to her 2017/2018 academic session part-time B.A. (ED), B.ED, B.L.S (ED)., B.Sc. (ED) degree programmes.
According to the management, the part-time degree programme would run for 4- year (9 Semesters) and 5- year (12 Semesters).
TASUED Part-Time Programmes Admission Requirements.
The admission requirements for Bachelor’s Degree Programmes are as follows:
5 YEARS PROGRAMME
- WAEC/NECO Senior School Certificate (SSC), General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level (GCE O’Level) or their equivalents with credits in five (5) subjects obtained at not more than two sittings and National Technical Certificate/National Business Certificate (NTC/NBC) is acceptable for Vocational courses only.
DIRECT ENTRY: 4 YEARS PROGRAMME
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (N.C.E.) with at least Merit in 2 core subjects, GCE A’Level with passes in two subjects, OND/HND (for some courses) in relevant areas with at least Lower credit, Cambridge (A level) Certificate with passes in two subjects, Academic Diploma from recognized Universities (for some courses in relevant areas) are required in addition to (1) above for Direct Entry. Advanced National Technical/Business Certificate (ANTC, ANBC) is acceptable for Vocational courses only. This is in addition to 1 above.
A credit in O’level English Language is required for all courses.
TASUED Part-Time Degree Programmes Special Courses Requirements.
- A credit in O’Level Mathematics is required for all Sciences, Vocational and Technical and Social Science-based courses.
- Credit in Literature in English is required for English Language.
- A credit in at least one science subject is required for Mathematics.
- Candidates wishing to study Educational Management should have obtained credit in English Language, Mathematics and Economics at the Ordinary Level.
- Credits in any two (2) of Geography, Economics, Government, Commerce, Christian Religious Knowledge, Islamic Religious Knowledge, History and Yoruba are acceptable for the study of Social Studies.
- Candidates wishing to study Counseling Psychology with teaching subject options in science and social sciences must have credit in Mathematics.
TASUED Part-Time Degree Courses Available.
A. College of Specialized and Professional Education
The following courses are available in the underlisted Colleges:
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Agricultural Production and Management Science
- B.Ed. Adult Education
- B.Ed. Counselling Psychology
- B.Ed. Early Childhood
- B.Ed. Educational Management
- B.Ed. Educational Technology
- L.S. Library & Information Science
B. College of Vocational and Technical Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Business Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Technical Education with options in: (i) Automobile Technology (ii)Metal (iii) Building (iv) Woodwork (v) Electrical/Electronics
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Secretarial Administration
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Home Economics & Hotel Management
C. College of Humanities
- B.A. (Ed.) History and Diplomatic Studies
- B.A. (Ed.) Christian Religious Studies
- B.A. (Ed.) Creative Arts
- B.A. (Ed.) Islamic Studies
- B.A. (Ed.) French
- B.A. (Ed.) English Studies
- B.A. (Ed.) Yoruba
D. College of Sciences and Information Technology
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Computer Science
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Biology
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Physics
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Mathematics
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Human Kinetics
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Health Education
E. College of Social and Management Sciences
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Economics
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Political Science
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Geography & Environmental Management
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Social Studies
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Transport Planning and Management
How to Apply for TASUED Part-Time Degree Admission.
Admission forms are available at a cost of Ten thousand Naira (N10,000) only.
Part-Time and Sandwich forms with brochure can be obtained on-line through the following step by step procedure:
Part-Time forms with brochure can be obtained on-line through the following step by step procedure:
(ii) Click Part-Time application form. Candidates are strongly advised to click the Part-Time Degree Brochure and carefully study the O’ Level requirements for the courses applied for before applying on the TASUED website,www.tasued.edu.ng
(iii) Complete the Part-Time application form by providing the required information.
(iv) Submit your form by clicking submit button.
(v) Print out an identification slip containing your colour passport photograph. The printed slip will serve as candidate’s identification/admission card for the screening test.
Note that false information provided by any candidate shall be detected by the special TASUED software application and such candidates shall be disqualified.
TASUED Part-Time Admission Screening Dates.
Screening shall be conducted on Friday, 25th August, 2017 for all 100 level and Direct Entry (200 level) applicants at ICT Ososa Campus of the University by 9.00 a.m.
Candidates’ participation in the screening exercise is a mandatory requirement for entry into the University.
The results of the screening exercise should be checked on the University Website a week after the screening.
Closing Date for Purchase of TASUED Part-Time Form.
The closing date for the purchase of the CEPEP online application forms has been extended till Friday, 18th August, 2017.