There are lots of scholarships for Nigerian undergraduate students this year.
Hundreds of millions are left unclaimed each year because of lack of information on the scholarship application dates, requirements, and eligibility.
This post consist of top 10 Scholarships for Nigerian Undergraduate students , paid amount, eligibility and deadline for application each year.
Go through each and get ready to claim your own share of the millions on Nigerian undergraduate scholarships this year.
- MTN Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship:
MTN Nigerian is biggest telecommunication giant in Nigeria.
MTN Foundation offers scholarships to Nigerian Undergraduate students in 200L who show excellent academic performance of 3.5 CGPA and Above.
The list of courses eligible for MTN Foundation scholarship can be seen here
MN Foundation Scholarship is worth N200,000 per academic session. MTN foundation Scholarship application have not been regular but application always and examination always come in second semesters.
- AGBAMI MEDICAL AND ENGINEERING PROFESSIONAL SCHOLARSHIP
The star deep oil venture gives scholarships to first year and second year undergraduate students in Nigerian Universities who are studying MBBS courses, Pharmacy and Engineering.
The awardees must maintain a CGPA of 60% of their institution’s CGPA scale.
Application are within the months of February Each year.
- NNPC/ADDAX Undergraduate Scholarship
Addax Petroleum/NNPC Scholarship Programme
Addax Petroleum Development (Nig) Limited offers National Tertiary Institutions Scholarship Awards Scheme in Nigeria.
All Candidates must:
be a registered, full time 100 level undergraduate in any Nigerian Tertiary Institution have 5 ‘0’ level credit passes in one sitting including English Language and Mathematics.
The scholarship is worth N100,000 per academic year.
- Total Nigeria National Merit Scholarship Programme
The programme was established in 1998/99 academic year and is run in partnership with the French Embassy. About 3,200 Nigerian Students have benefited from the programme. The award is open to undergraduate students of Nigerian origin studying in tertiary institutions across the country.
Total Scholarship is worth N150,000 per academic year.
- Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Scholarship Programmes
The SPDC Joint Venture commenced scholarship awards in the 1960s for programmes in Nigerian and foreign institutions. In 2009, the company awarded about 2,730 secondary school and 850 university scholarships in the Niger Delta and other parts of the country.
Shell Nigeria University Scholarship Programme. This is an undergraduate scholarship programme for first year students in a Nigerian University. The programme comes in two categories:
The National Merit Award (NM), open to all eligible Nigerian Undergraduate and The Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM), for students from the communities where Shell
WASSCE and JAMB Results
University Admission Letter
Aptitude Tests are taken in Port Harcourt, Warri, Enugu, Lagos and Abuja Centres
Application often commences in May each year.
Application portal is scholastica.ng
- NIGERIAN LUQUIFIED NATURAL GAS (NLNG) UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
This seem to be highest paying Nigerian Undergrauate Scholarship. This scholarship receives thousands of applicants every year and really shortlists the highest number of candidates for aptitude test.
NLNG undergraduate Scholarship is worth N300,000 per academic year.
All 100 level students in Nigerian Universities are qualified to apply for the NLNG undergraduate scholarship the course of study notwithstanding.
Application commences in the month of June each year while the aptitude test is written on July. The Aptitude test is held in Portharcourt, Lagos, Abuja and Warri.
- Federal Government Scholarship Board
Under Nigerian Award, the following programmes are covered by the Federal Government scholarship scheme Tenable in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions.
- Postgraduate (PG) Award
- Undergraduate (UG) Award
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Award
- National Certificate in Education (NCE) Award.
CONDITIONS OF AWARD:
- The scholarship is tenable in Nigeria and takes effect from the beginning of each academic session. It lapses if not utilized within this period.
- It shall not be held at the same time with another Award nor for part-time studies.
- Change of course or level or the Institution of award is not allowed.
- The Scholarship allowance is meant to cover: Institution’s charges, fees and Personal maintenance allowance.
FIELD OF STUDY INCLUDE: –
- Science and Technology.
- Medicine and Para-medicals.
- Science Subjects with Education.
- Artsand other Subjects with Education.
- Liberal Arts/Social/Management Sciences
- HND (Science and Technology).
VALUE OF AWARD:
Under-Graduate Scholars N150, 000 per annum
Post-Graduate Scholars N180, 000 per annum
HND N100, 000 per annum
NCE N100, 000 per annum
- NNPC/CHEVRON JV NATIONAL UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
Chevron Nigeria Limited, in collaboration with its Joint Venture partner, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), is offering a number of University Scholarship Awards to suitably qualified Nigerian students.
E-applications are invited from full-time SECOND YEAR (200 LEVEL) degree students of the under-listed courses, in Nigerian Universities:
- Agricultural Engineering/Agricultural Science
3. Architecture4. Business Administration/Economics
5. Chemical Engineering
6. Civil Engineering
7. Computer Science
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
9. Environmental Studies/Surveying
12. Mass Communication/Journalism
13. Mechanical/Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Human Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy
15. Petroleum Engineering
- NIGERIAN AGIP OIL COMPANY (NAOC) UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
The Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited (NAOC) Joint Venture in pursuance of its corporate Social Responsibility invites suitably qualified applicants for its 2014/2015 Session Tertiary Scholarship Scheme, effective February 9 to March 9, 2015.
Category of Awards
- Host Communities Merit Award– For applicants strictly from NAOC Host Communities
- National Merit Award– For applicants from Non-Host communities
REQUIREMENTS/ELIGIBILITY FOR NAOC SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
To qualify for consideration, applicants MUST be:
- Registered Full TIME undergraduates in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions
- Certified 100 level students at the time of application
NOTE: The following categories of students should not apply:
- 200 level students and above
- Current beneficiaries of similar Awards from other Companies and Agencies
- Dependants of naoc/nae/aenr
Only Indigenes of naoc Host Communities in Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta and Imo States SHOULD apply for the Host Communities Merit Award. Only applicants studying Engineering, Geology and Geosciences are eligible for the National Merit Award
Deadline: Closing date for receipt of e-applications is always with the month of March
- PTDF UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
PTDF Scholarship is for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students but for the purpose of this post, we will focus on the undergraduate scheme.
The PTDF scholarship is usually opened second year students in PTDF upgraded
LIST OF NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES:
- African University of Science and Technology – Petroleum Engineering
- Institute of Petroleum Studies, Port Harcourt
- University of Port Harcourt- Gas Eng
- University of Ibadan- Petroleum Eng
- University of Nigeria Nsukka- Geology
- University of Benin- Chemical Engineering
- University of Jos- Mining & Geology
- University of Maiduguri – Geology
- Ahmadu Bello University – Chemical Eng
- Usman Dan Fodio University – Industrial Chemistry
- University of Uyo – Chemical & Petroleum Eng
- Bayero University Kano – Electrical Eng
- Federal University of Technology Owerri
- Possession of 5 credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO including English Language and Mathematics
- Must have concluded the 1st year of their study in any of the PTDF upgraded Federal Universities listed above.
- Must have scored a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on scale of 5 or 4.5 on a scale of 7 in their 1st Year.
- Must scan and attach a copy of their admission letter
- Students admitted into the University through Direct Entry i.e. 200 level must have either of the following:
- – Minimum of Upper Credit at the Diploma level
- – Minimum of 10 points in interim Joint Matriculation Board (I.J.M.B) examination.
- – Minimum of 8 points at the Advanced Level General Certificate of Education (G.C.E).
PTDF Scholarship for undergraduate is worth N150,000 plus a Laptop
DO YOU FIND THIS POST USEFUL?
IF YES, SHARE IT WITH FRIEND.
NIGERIANUNIVERSITYSCHOLARSHIPS.COM WISH YOU THE BEST IN YOUR QUEST FOR A FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE.