Vice-Chancellor’s 2017/2018 Postgraduate Scholarships at the University of the Arts London (UAL) for International Students
The University of the Arts London is offering postgraduate scholarships for international students, across it’s six Colleges for the 2017/2018 academic year.
Application Deadline: 4pm BST on Wednesday 31st May 2017.
Applications for the UAL Vice-Chancellor’s International Postgraduate Scholarships for 2017/2018 entry will open in March 2017.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): UK
About the Award: There are two types of UAL Vice-Chancellor’s International Postgraduate Scholarships on offer, each with different eligibility criteria. One offers a £5,000 tuition fee remission, and the other a £25,000 award and accommodation generously provided by International Students House (ISH).
- Criteria 1: You must have applied to study a full-time taught masters course at one of UAL’s six Colleges starting in the academic year of 2017/18. Your course must offer either an M ARCH, MA, MFA, MRes or MSc qualification.The following courses do not qualify: Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert), Graduate Diploma, Postgraduate Diploma, Integrated Masters (or any similar course that qualifies for undergraduate support from UK student finance agencies), EMBA, MBA, distance learning, blended learning and online courses. Read our list of qualifying courses.In addition, you are not eligible to apply if you already hold a postgraduate taught qualification (or one at an equivalent level) from studies undertaken in the UK or abroad. Read our Previous Study page on the UAL website for details. Read our Previous Study page on the UAL website for details.
- Criteria 2: You need to qualify for the Overseas category of tuition fee status.
Visit the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) website to find out whether you are required to pay Home, EU or Overseas tuition fees. Visit our Postgraduate Tuition Fees page for further tuition fee information for University of the Arts London.
In your application you’ll be asked to evidence with documentation that you qualify for the Overseas category of tuition fees. For example you may be asked for a copy of your immigration documents, ID card or formal evidence of your address.
- Criteria 3: You have achieved (or are predicted to achieve) an upper second class honours degree (or a recognised equivalent as specified by the UK Government) or above at undergraduate level.
You will be asked to provide evidence of your qualification by supplying a transcript.
If you are yet to receive your results but are predicted to achieve an upper second class honours degree or above you will be asked to provide evidence of your predicted results. Please note that whilst you can apply for a UAL Vice-Chancellor’s International Postgraduate Scholarship based on predicted results, if your scholarship application is successful, you will only be granted the award if you achieve the required result and can evidence this by supplying a transcript.
- Criteria 4: Your household income must be £55,000 or less (or the equivalent exchange value in the currency of your country of residence) at the point of scholarship application. Visit the Oanda Trade Currency Exchange website for an up-to-date currency conversion.
Your household income is made up of your income plus the income of:
- Your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) (or a parent/guardian and their partner), if you are under 25 years old and live with them or depend on them financially.
- Your partner, if you are 25 years and over.
Number of Awardees: 25
Value of Scholarship: £5,000 tuition fee remission
Duration of Scholarship: Full-time
How to Apply: As part of your online application you’ll be asked to upload supporting documents that evidence how you meet the eligibility criteria. We recommend that you have these files ready before starting your application, as once you’ve begun you won’t be able to save your progress and return later.
Award Provider: University of the Arts