Western Africa Reproductive Health Initiative (WARHI) Nationwide Job Recruitment 2017
The Western Africa Reproductive Health Initiative (WARHI) works in the area of sexual and reproductive health for general population, Key Populations (KPs) and gender based violence and women economic empowerment and rights programs. WARHI works collaboratively with various institutions including governments, the public sector, national health research and extension systems, universities, International Research Systems and other stakeholders to implement research and training programs to empower women and young people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Support Officer
- The person will manage the expectations of the local community in relation to the benefits that will incur due to the development of the Project.
- Furthermore the role is to develop operation in Africa and coordinate appropriate Social Performance activities, including social investment initiatives.
- Liaison between the Project, the Community and the Contractors;
- Responsible to provide a link between local resources and the Contractors;
- Keep the Contractors and the Project attentive to community affairs and any possible dynamics;
- Assist the Contractor’s supervisory staff in the management of workers;
- Report monthly to the Project, and the Community with respect to local involvement targets, training and any other community related benefits.
- Minimum of Diploma. A degree will be preferred;
- Report Writing Skills;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Minimum of five years community relations/community engagement experience;
- Ability to communicate, read and write in English;
- Ability to communicate at all levels;
- Conflict resolution;
- Reliable and accountable.
Special Working Conditions
- Position requires legal residence and right-to-work in the country. WARHI will not provide relocation and/or housing assistance for individual selected for position.
- This position posting does not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description.
- Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, and their education and work experience.
- The employer has the right to revise this posting and/or the job description at any time. Neither this posting nor the job description is a contract for employment.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: careers@WARHI.org Subject line of email should read “Community Support Officer” only; a cover letter, with salary requirements (USD), and resume or CV should be attached.
- Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered as applicants.
- Due to the extremely high volume of resumes, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls in reference to this position will be accepted.